The world’s most popular content management system, WordPress have just released it’s latest updates the WordPress 3.4.1 fixing 18 bugs.
Here are some of the issues being fixed by the latest version of WordPress 3.4.1:
- Fixes an issue where a theme’s page templates were sometimes not detected.
- Addresses problems with some category permalink structures.
- Adds early support for uploading images on iOS 6 devices.
- Allows for a technique commonly used by plugins to detect a network-wide activation.
- Better compatibility with servers running certain versions of PHP (5.2.4, 5.4) or with uncommon setups (safe mode, open_basedir), which had caused warnings or in some cases prevented emails from being sent.
You can now update your WordPress blogs to 3.4.1. You can do this by going to the Dashboard>Updates and update to latest version. Make sure you have a backup of your database, for safety reasons for it will help you roll back if something goes wrong.
According to the official news release of WordPress.org, “Version 3.4.1 fixes a few security issues and contains some security hardening. The vulnerabilities included potential information disclosure as well as an bug that affects multisite installs with untrusted users. These issues were discovered and fixed by the WordPress security team.”